REN'ALL CARE: An Alliance for Affordable and Sustainable Dialysis for ALL
- 9.1 million: patients with end-stage kidney disease worldwide who will need kidney replacement therapy (KRT) without beneficing it in 2030.1
- 4% & 10%: patients who have access to KRT in low-income countries & in lower-middle-income countries.
- 34% & 32%: overall mortality rates in children & adults with acute kidney injury in sub-Saharan Africa.2
- 73% & 86%: mortality rates in children & adults with acute kidney injury in sub-Saharan Africa when dialysis was needed but not received.2
- 0.62 vs. 9.95 pmp: nephrologists in Africa vs. globally in 2019.3
References & relevant literature:
 The Global Health Kidney Atlas 2019, by the International Society of nephrology;
 Olowu et al., Outcomes of acute kidney injury in children and adults in sub-Saharan Africa: a systematic review, The Lancet 2016;
 Oguejiofor et al., International Society of Nephrology Global Kidney Health Atlas: structures, organization, and services for the management of kidney failure in Africa, Kidney International Supplements 2021.